Hi, I’m Shelly!
Once a city girl, I now find myself living in a small town (Minnedosa, Manitoba) on the Canadian prairies where I quilt away the long winters.
I love to help people who are looking to have their quilts finished professionally, but who lack the time or equipment to do it themselves. By providing fast service with my computerized Gammill long arm machine, I help others get their projects out of the closet and into the hands of their loved ones so they can be enjoyed for years to come.
When I’m not at the sewing machine, you can find me pulling weeds in the garden, fishing for walleye with my boyfriend Ian, or drinking a nice glass of wine.
What’s a “Ma Tante”?? It’s the French term for “Auntie”. I started quilting when my niece was born, and since the quilts were all made by Auntie Shelly, and my niece speaks French as her first language…. here we are!
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
- I can touch my nose with my tongue (it’s a great party trick).
- After university, I spent a year living in Australia.
- After working 15 years in support of the Canadian Armed Forces, I now quilt full-time.
- I have travelled to over 20 countries on 6 continents.
- Antarctica is not on that list, annnnnnd probably never will be – I get enough cold weather up here in Canada!
Have you seen the Ambling Vines logo on our pantograph shop and wondered “What’s up with that”??
My MUM is the designer-in-chief of Ambling Vines, her digital pantograph business. Although she’s notoriously camera-shy, I can tell you that it’s been a true joy to work on this project with her!